Brazil's Arthur injured in Honduras-thumping warm-up
The Barcelona midfielder was carried off in the first half after a horror challenge, but his side went on to record a confidence-boosting 7-0 victory.
A horror tackle by Honduras' Romell Quioto on Arthur in Brazil's final friendly before the Copa América forced the star to be substituted.
Arthur injured in Brazil friendly
The Barcelona midfielder had to be carried off the field after Quioto caught him with a high, late, two-footed challenge on Sunday at Estadio Beira-Rio.
Brazil are already without their star forward Neymar for the tournament on home soil after he damaged his right ankle in a warm-up game against Qatar.
Chelsea winger Willian was called up as the replacement for Neymar rather than the Real Madrid winger Vinicius Junior.
Head coach Tite will require a quick diagnosis on Arthur as Brazil are set to begin their campaign against Bolivia on Friday.
Brazil led Honduras 3-0 at half-time despite losing Arthur to injury with Gabriel Jesús, Thiago Silva and Philippe Coutinho all on target. The samba stars then went on to secure a thumping 7-0 victory with another for Jesús, and one apiece for Neres, Firmino and Richarlison.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"