Injuy obliges Tyler Adams to retire from Gold Cup squad
The United States national team suffers a major blow on the even of the 2019 Gold Cup with the promising player forced to withdraw from the roster due to injury.
The US men's national team's preperation is far from ahead on the eve of the 2019 Gold Cup, with Gregg Berhalter's team losing their last two warm-up matches, first against Jamaica and then against Venezuela. However, the bad news is far from over as the current CONCACAF champions will have to do without promising talent, Tyler Adams.
Berhalter was counting on the RB Leipzig footballer to join training camp this Tuesday, June 11, but an injury prevented Adams from enrolling the Stars and Stars camp, as the 20-year old defender was diagnosed with a chronic groin issue that will require a minimum of 6-8 weeks recovery period.
With Tyler Adams, out from the US squad, Berhalter call-up Reggie Cannon, FC Dallas defender, who will be reporting in Minneapolis shortly, Cannon who was part of the preliminary US list, will report to training on Wednesday, June 15.
Gold Cup United States Group
The United States will start its defending title journey on June 18 when they faced Guyana, to later go against Trinidad & Tobago to close its group stage against Panama.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?