Injuy obliges Tyler Adams to retire from Gold Cup squad
The United States national team suffers a major blow on the even of the 2019 Gold Cup with the promising player forced to withdraw from the roster due to injury.
The US men's national team's preperation is far from ahead on the eve of the 2019 Gold Cup, with Gregg Berhalter's team losing their last two warm-up matches, first against Jamaica and then against Venezuela. However, the bad news is far from over as the current CONCACAF champions will have to do without promising talent, Tyler Adams.
Berhalter was counting on the RB Leipzig footballer to join training camp this Tuesday, June 11, but an injury prevented Adams from enrolling the Stars and Stars camp, as the 20-year old defender was diagnosed with a chronic groin issue that will require a minimum of 6-8 weeks recovery period.
With Tyler Adams, out from the US squad, Berhalter call-up Reggie Cannon, FC Dallas defender, who will be reporting in Minneapolis shortly, Cannon who was part of the preliminary US list, will report to training on Wednesday, June 15.
Gold Cup United States Group
The United States will start its defending title journey on June 18 when they faced Guyana, to later go against Trinidad & Tobago to close its group stage against Panama.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes