Lindsey Horan scores fastest goal of the Women's World Cup
The US women's national team midfielder gave her side a very early lead against Sweden in their last game of the group stage.
The match started with a firm stance made by the US side, establishing their quality against the team that knocked them out in the most recent Olympic games, ensuring a victory that would leave them top of Group F.
With less than three minutes of the game gone, American midfielder Lindsey Horan got on the end of Rapinoe corner kick to score the first goal of the night.
As well the importance of an early goal, it was also the fastest goal scored so far in the 2019 Women's World Cup. It gave Jill Ellis' side the boost and confidence they were seeking after the disappointment in Brazil back in 2016.
The USWNT will now face Spain in the round of 16 another step towards their ultimate goal: to defend their World Cup title.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?