Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney lead the MLS All-Star XI
The MLS announced the lineup chosen by the fans for the All-Star Game where the best of the US league will face Atlético Madrid this summer.
The MLS All-Star lineup chosen by the fans has finally been revealed, and the players set to face Atlético Madrid on July 31 in Orlando have been announced, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney and current MLS top goalscorer Carlos Vela leading the attack.
The MLS started revealing the names that formed the All-Star lineup for the friendly match against the Spaniards one by one, confirming the star XI for the annual game organized by the US league to face a top European team.
The fans chose players from Orlando City, DC United, Sporting Kansas City, LA Galaxy, LAFC and current MLS champion, Atlanta United, which has four players included in the All-Star side.
Diego Simeone's Atlético will arrive in the states with a new-look defensive line, which will be put to the test by Vela, Ibrahimovic and Rooney, who have hit 44 goals combined so far this season.
Starting lineup value
The best MLS players form the All-Star side and that generally means they are also the most expensive and this occasion is no exception. The lineup is worth a total of 57 million euros, with Gonzalo 'Piti' Martínez being the most expensive player with a market value of 15 million euros according to Transfermarkt.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7