Real Madrid: Miguel Almirón being watched at Copa América
Argentinean media have stated that Bernabéu scouts have been monitoring the Paraguay midfielder, whose future at Newcastle is linked to Rafa Benítez.
Real Madrid have been keeping an eye on Paraguay midfielder Miguel Almirón at the Copa América and are considering a move for the Newcastle player, who joined the Magpies from Atlanta United for a club record fee of 24 million euros in January.
However, Almirón’s future is tied to that of Rafa Benítez, who pushed for the player’s signing but looks increasingly unlikely to remain at St James’ Park beyond the end of his current contract due to differences of opinion with the club’s hierarchy over transfer spending power after the takeover of the club by the Bin Zayed Group.
Real need to shift James before making Almirón move
That could lead to Almirón considering his own future and TyC Sports have reported that Bernabéu scouts have been watching the attacking midfielder in action at the Copa América with a view to making an offer. Madrid will first have to offload James Rodríguez to free up a place in the squad with the Colombia midfielder inching closer to a reunion with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli.
Nothing is likely to be finalized until the end of the Copa América, where James’ Cafeteros have already qualified for the knock-out stages and Almirón’s Albirroja are waiting for the results of the final round of Group C games to find out whether they will progress as one of the highest-ranked third-placed teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...