Portland Timbers' Diego Valeri named MLS Player of the week
The MLS is back after a short break due to the international summer tournaments, and after week 16, the US league named Diego Valeri as the POTW.
All eyes are focused on the summer tournaments like the Gold Cup and Copa América, where several of the MLS players are currently playing with their respective national teams.
Valeri played a part in all goals in the 4-0 victory over Houston Dynamo, starting with an assist to Marvin Loria in the first half. In the second half, he gave a second assist, then scored from the penalty spot, and finished the game with a third assist.
Diego Valeria now has four goals and ten assists so far this season; he's on pace to break his career high of 14 assists set in 2014, and double digits for goals and assists for the fifth time since joining the Timbers back in 2013.
Player of the week
Each week an MLS player of the week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer Reporters, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops