Allan to start for Brazil against Paraguay
With Casemiro suspended, Allan will start for Brazil ahead of Fernandinho in their Copa América quarter-final against Paraguay.
Tite confirmed Allan would replace Casemiro in midfield for Brazil's Copa América quarter-final against Paraguay.
Casemiro is suspended after picking up a second yellow card in the group stage during his side's 5-0 thrashing of Peru on Saturday.
Fernandinho was another option for Tite, but the Manchester City midfielder is still battling a knee injury and the coach said Allan would start in Porto Alegre on Thursday.
"Fernandinho is out of the game. Allan will play," Tite told a news conference.
Tite: "Fernandinho would play in his normal condition"
Último dia de trabalho antes do jogo decisivo de amanhã!— CBF Futebol (@CBF_Futebol) June 26, 2019
Dia de acertar os detalhes para Brasil x Paraguai.
x - 27/06 - 21h30
Fotos: Lucas Figueiredo / CBF pic.twitter.com/EEcdBFHGYb
"If we win, if we qualify, maybe he [Fernandinho] will be ready for the next game. Fernandinho would play in his normal and natural condition. He wasn't in his condition."
Paraguay are unbeaten in their past four games against Brazil at the Copa América, with the two most recent meetings seeing them advance via penalties in quarter-finals.
Tite warned his team, who collected seven points from three games in Group A, they would need to stay focused.
"Mental characteristics have to be strong because they are decisive games," he said. "Very high concentration level, prepare for different situations."
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass