Parma want Balotelli after De Rossi beyond them
Daniele De Rossi will not be joining Parma, says Daniele Faggiano, who revealed the Serie A club's interest in Mario Balotelli.
Parma are keen on signing Mario Balotelli, said the Serie A club's sporting director Daniele Faggiano, after he admitted that the club cannot afford a deal for former Roma stalwart Daniele De Rossi
De Rossi called time on his 19-year stay at Roma at the end of last season and the former Italy midfielder is now a free agent.
Balotelli available on a free transfer
Balotelli, meanwhile, will be able to be signed on a free transfer once his contract with Ligue 1 club Marseille expires on June 30, and reports have suggested Parma, who finished 14th in Serie A in 2018-19, hold an interest in both players.
But while confirming Parma are admirers of former Manchester City and AC Milan forward Balotelli, Faggiano has revealed his team will not be in the running for De Rossi, who is rumoured to have rejected a proposed move to Fiorentina.
"It's true, we did think about De Rossi, but we just couldn't afford him," Faggiano told Radio Kiss Kiss.
"Balotelli is someone we like, and so do many other teams. We're looking at a lot of strikers, but it's not easy."
Parma made one signing on Friday, with Andrea Adorante joining in a swap deal involving Gabriel Brazao, who has moved to Inter.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?