Godín: Inter confirm signing of former Atlético Madrid defender
Diego Godín's move to Serie A giants Inter was confirmed on Monday, the defender signing until 2022.
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of former Atlético Madrid defender Diego Godín on a three-year deal.
Godín, 33, announced in May he would be leaving Atlético after nine seasons with the LaLiga giants.
The Uruguay international's expected move to San Siro was confirmed by Inter on Monday.
"FC Internazionale Milano announces that a contract has been agreed with Diego Godín that will run until 30 June 2022," a statement from Inter read.
Joins Inter having established himself as Atlético legend
Godín became an Atlético great after joining the club from Villarreal in 2010.
He won LaLiga, a Copa del Rey and two Europa Leagues with Atlético, while reaching two Champions League finals.
Godín joins an Inter side looking to rebuild under Antonio Conte, having finished fourth in Serie A last season but 21 points behind champions Juventus.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?