Maybe I just got pushed right to the side - Megan Rapinoe
The USWNT captain was surprised to be left out of the lineup for the Women's World Cup semifinal match against England, doubtful to be in the final too.
Megan Rapinoe has been getting all the spotlight at the France World Cup, and in the US semifinal match against England, the captain also stole all the attention by being left out of Jill Ellis lineup. The reason, a hamstring injury as reported by the USWNT.
Christen Press replaced the American forward in the United States lineup since Rapinoe was not ready to face the intensity of the game due to injury. However, after the game, Megan talked about why she was absent in the American victory, hoping she'll be ready for the final.
"It just wasn't going to be ready for today, but it's feeling much better, and I expect to be ready for the final."
Rapinoe took the chance to sent a message to Naeher, and her performance as the US goalkeeper save the penalty that could have meant the English equalizer minutes from the end of the game.
"It's terrible so stressful; it's hard. You put everything into this game; you have everything invested in it and no way to get rid of your anxiety," the American captain emphasized.
Missing the final for the right reason?
Christen Press was responsible for scoring the first USA goal in the semifinal, which is why Rapinoe had time to talk about her, making a statement that left space for speculation.
"Maybe they don't need me for the final. Maybe I just got pushed right to the side."
But she also mentioned the way the USWNT have prepared for the tournament how they've talked about their depth for a long time, something they need for this tournament, and against England was on full display.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions