USA 13 minutes away from setting a new Gold Cup record
The United States national team was close to setting a new best for unbeaten runs against Jamaica in the semi-final stage of the CONCACAF tournament.
The United States national team will play the Gold Cup final match against Mexico, where they'll seek to defend their title after defeating Jamaica in semi-finals, a game where they almost made clean sheet history.
Shamar Nicholson was the one who found the back of the American net, the first goal conceded by the United States in the 2019 tournament.
Gregg Berhalter watched his team's defensive shut-out streak last for 429 minutes getting close to equaling the record set in the 2002 edition, where the USMNT went 442 minutes without conceding a goal. Less than a quarter of an hour away from the milestone.
The best USA clean sheet streaks
Jamaica ended the second best USMNT run of not allowing the opposition to score in the Gold Cup, after four previous games against Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, and Curaçao.
These are the best unbeaten streaks for the United States in the Gold Cup:
|Year||Minutes without conceding||Goals against||How far they got|
|2003||359||4||Semi-finals vs Brasil|
|2011||353||6||Final vs Mexico|
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus