USA 13 minutes away from setting a new Gold Cup record
The United States national team was close to setting a new best for unbeaten runs against Jamaica in the semi-final stage of the CONCACAF tournament.
The United States national team will play the Gold Cup final match against Mexico, where they'll seek to defend their title after defeating Jamaica in semi-finals, a game where they almost made clean sheet history.
Shamar Nicholson was the one who found the back of the American net, the first goal conceded by the United States in the 2019 tournament.
Gregg Berhalter watched his team's defensive shut-out streak last for 429 minutes getting close to equaling the record set in the 2002 edition, where the USMNT went 442 minutes without conceding a goal. Less than a quarter of an hour away from the milestone.
The best USA clean sheet streaks
Jamaica ended the second best USMNT run of not allowing the opposition to score in the Gold Cup, after four previous games against Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, and Curaçao.
These are the best unbeaten streaks for the United States in the Gold Cup:
|Year||Minutes without conceding||Goals against||How far they got|
|2003||359||4||Semi-finals vs Brasil|
|2011||353||6||Final vs Mexico|
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August