LA Galaxy and the epic Ibrahimovic fail against Toronto
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the spotlight once again after his Los Angeles Galaxy jersey showed a misspelling of his name during their win over Toronto.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the most well-known footballers in the world and still fighting for top-scoring titles despite being 37 years old. Since his move to MLS, he keeps getting the job done for LA Galaxy.
The Swedish lion has a very distinctive name and one known around the world, but for the home game against Toronto FC, Zlatan went by a slightly different name, as his number 9 jersey showcased IRBAHIMOVIC instead of Ibrahimovic.
The LA Galaxy player played down the importance of the issue of the misspelled name and even joked about it after the game, "I saw a picture of it, Happy 4th of July was early for the kit guy. He celebrated before the game not afterward. People know my last name; I'm not worried about that."
But misspelt or not, Ibrahimovic is the Galaxy's top scorer, the best Swedish striker ever, and against Toronto, Zlatan returned to scoring ways by adding another goal to his account as they won 2-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments