LA Galaxy and the epic Ibrahimovic fail against Toronto
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the spotlight once again after his Los Angeles Galaxy jersey showed a misspelling of his name during their win over Toronto.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the most well-known footballers in the world and still fighting for top-scoring titles despite being 37 years old. Since his move to MLS, he keeps getting the job done for LA Galaxy.
The Swedish lion has a very distinctive name and one known around the world, but for the home game against Toronto FC, Zlatan went by a slightly different name, as his number 9 jersey showcased IRBAHIMOVIC instead of Ibrahimovic.
The LA Galaxy player played down the importance of the issue of the misspelled name and even joked about it after the game, "I saw a picture of it, Happy 4th of July was early for the kit guy. He celebrated before the game not afterward. People know my last name; I'm not worried about that."
But misspelt or not, Ibrahimovic is the Galaxy's top scorer, the best Swedish striker ever, and against Toronto, Zlatan returned to scoring ways by adding another goal to his account as they won 2-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea Christian Pulisic's losing his place in Chelsea lineup
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo Goes missing for Real Madrid and Castilla
- MLS Josef Martinez fails to break Leo Messi's world record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho and Keane tear into United after West Ham defeat
- MLS Carlos Vela is three goals away from MLS history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford will be "out for a while" after groin injury