Rapinoe wins Golden Boot and Golden Ball at Women's World Cup
Megan Rapinoe's superb World Cup for the United States saw her finish as top goalscorer and the tournament's best player.
USA star Megan Rapinoe was awarded the Golden Boot, for top scorer, and Golden Ball, for best player, after inspiring the United States to Women's World Cup glory.
The 34-year-old opened the scoring from the penalty spot as USA defeated Netherlands 2-0 in Lyon on Sunday to claim back-to-back global titles.
Rapinoe finishes on six goals
She finished level on six goals with team-mate Alex Morgan and England forward Ellen White but edged the Golden Boot by virtue of a better minutes-per-goal ratio.
It marked Rapinoe's first Golden Boot in her third World Cup appearance and she could not describe the feeling after the match.
"I don't know how to feel right now, it's ridiculous," she said.
Rapinoe started with one goal in the group stage and followed it up with back-to-back braces, scoring all four of USA's goals in the knockout phase before the semi-final, for which she was an unused substitute.
She was also crowned the tournament's best player for her performances, with England's Lucy Bronze taking the Silver Ball and Rose Lavelle, who scored USA's second in the final, claiming third.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"