Barça and Sevilla eyeing move for Ianis Hagi
Spartak Moscow are also sniffing around the 20-year-old son of Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi, who played for both Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Barcelona and Sevilla are both reportedly interested in Ianis Hagi, the 20-year-old son of former Camp Nou and Real Madrid attacking midfielder Gheorge Hagi.
Ianis plays in the same position as his father did and has been attracting admirers on the back of his performances for Viitorul, who are managed by none other than Hagi himself.
“Spartak [Moscow] are interested and so are Barcelona, although I cannot talk about sums,” Viitorul chairman Gica Popescu told the Romanian media. “As far as I am aware, Barcelona are considering buying him and then loaning him to Valladolid. Barça can probably offer a bit more than Spartak. We are interested in Ianis’ development. The interest in him shows that he is becoming important to foriegn clubs.”
Hagi on the rise
Hagi is a full international for Romania and was nominated for the Golden Boy award in both 2017 and 2018 but Popescu said the best is yet to come from a player also on Sevilla’s radar. “Ianis is a very good player who could play in any league, but he has not yet reached football maturity. It will take another two to three years. He had a great season for Viitorul and did well at the under-21 European Championship. We have had a lot of offers. He is on holiday at the moment but when he gets back we’ll look at them all and decide when we find the right one.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Covid-19 vaccines: what does 95% efficacy mean?
- BOXING How is Mayweather family life? Wife, sons, daughters
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- TAX DAY 2021 Tax Filing 2021: what happens if I don’t file before the deadline?
- Boxing At what age did Floyd Mayweather retire from professional boxing?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: can teams from different conferences face each other?