Real Madrid: Luca Zidane relishing Santander loan move
His father is in charge at Real Madrid but Luca Zidane is looking forward to a spell away from the Spanish giants.
Luca Zidane expects time away from Real Madrid to aid his development as he embarks upon a season-long loan at Racing Santander.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper made the move on Tuesday after losing sight of a first-team spot under father and head coach Zinedine.
Thibaut Courtois and Keylor Navas are set to battle for a starting berth at the Santiago Bernabéu, while the highly rated Andriy Lunin has returned from a loan spell at Leganes.
Leaving Real Madrid and Spanish capital will do me good, says Zidane
Racing will compete in Spain's second tier after winning promotion last season and Zidane thinks venturing outside the capital could kick-start his career.
"I want to grow as a footballer at a historic club," Zidane told reporters. "I couldn't be happier or more excited about this new chapter I'm starting.
"It's going to be good for me to leave Real Madrid [the club] and Madrid [the city], to get to know a new team and a new place.
"Every day I will seek to improve, to grow, to take steps forward and I think Racing is the best possible place to do that."
Zidane made one senior appearance for Madrid last season, starting in a 3-2 win over Huesca in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game