Police investigate possible hate crime against Megan Rapinoe
The United States women's national team captain was a victim of vandalism in the New York City subway, NYPD investigating the incident as hate crime.
Megan Rapinoe is the woman of the moment after she played a key role in the USWNT's fourth World Cup title, their second consecutive trophy. But her World Cup performance is not the only reason behind the spotlight being shone on Megan, as she has caught everyone's attention for her position against President Trump's political views, besides being a supporter of the LGBTIQ movement.
For this, Rapinoe has won many followers, but she also gained a lot of criticism through social networks and other media displaying their disapproval.
An ugly example of this happened in the New York City subway, where eight posters of the star at the Manhattan's Bryant Park station were defaced with homophobic slurs .
This incident occurred one day after the USWNT had won the France World Cup and two days before the team's parade in the 'Big Apple.'
What happened to the Megan Rapinoe subway posters was reported to the New York Police Department, who said that its hate crimes task force was investigating the incident.
MTA deputy communications director Shams Tarek said through a statement, "Hate has no place in the transit system, and we work hard to make the subway a welcoming, safe environment for everyone."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"