Jefferson Savarino named MLS Player of Week 19
The Real Salt Lake Venezuelan attacker came back from the Copa America in great shape to lead its team to an incredible 4-0 victory over Philadelphia Union.
Jefferson Savarino's time at the Copa America served him well, and he returned to his MLS club, Real Salt Lake in great form and during the game against Philadelphia Union, the attacker scored two goals and assisted the third one as part of the 4-0 victory.
Savarino's excellent performance earned him the MLS Player of the Week honor for week 19 of the 2019 regular season and has bagged five goals and provided two assists in 15 appearances with Real Salt Lake.
Jefferson big night began in minute 23 when he opened the scoring. He later doubled Real Salt Lake's lead at the 71st minute, before setting up Albert Rusnak's goal, to close a perfect game.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online