Jefferson Savarino named MLS Player of Week 19
The Real Salt Lake Venezuelan attacker came back from the Copa America in great shape to lead its team to an incredible 4-0 victory over Philadelphia Union.
Jefferson Savarino's time at the Copa America served him well, and he returned to his MLS club, Real Salt Lake in great form and during the game against Philadelphia Union, the attacker scored two goals and assisted the third one as part of the 4-0 victory.
Savarino's excellent performance earned him the MLS Player of the Week honor for week 19 of the 2019 regular season and has bagged five goals and provided two assists in 15 appearances with Real Salt Lake.
Jefferson big night began in minute 23 when he opened the scoring. He later doubled Real Salt Lake's lead at the 71st minute, before setting up Albert Rusnak's goal, to close a perfect game.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign