I feel hunted, but when you're the best, you're hunted - Zlatan
The Swedish Lion is not happy about the scrutiny he's receiving for the incident in the LA derby that ended with Mohamed El Munir needing surgery.
Despite the different opinions on whether the Swede should or should not have been sanctioned, the reality is that the League's Disciplinary Committee decided against it; however, Ibrahimovic feels hunted and that the attention he's getting about El Munir's injury is ridiculous.
"I jumped like I jump every other duel, it's not something I did on purpose or to hurt the guy, the only difference is I'm taller than everybody. But I jump like every other duel, and that is the way I play my game, nothing harm or whatever," mentioned Zlatan after LA Galaxy practice on Thursday.
Zlatan's hat-trick during the LA derby has moved them up to second place, but all Ibra's talk lately is around the LAFC defender's injury, for which the Swedish Lion feels pursued.
"I feel like I am hunted. But when you are the best, you're hunted," said Ibra, adding that he feels every game is overly analyzed, which is not ok, as he needs to feel free in the games, not feel like people will look at every detail of what Zlatan does.
"I'm professional like everybody else. I should get treated like everybody else. If they cannot stop you on the field, that's it, if you try to do something outside the field, that for me is not part of the game. That is not professional," Ibra concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale