Ross Barkley thinks life after Hazard looks better with Pulisic
Christian Pulisic has made a good impression on his team mates ahead of the start of the new Premier League season, Chelsea's first one without Eden Hazard...
Chelsea are gearing up for the new season, when they will be hoping to fill the gap left by Eden Hazard following his move to Real Madrid; and with the club unable to sign because of the FIFA transfer ban, the Blues are unable to replace the Belgian.
Frank Lampard's side have brought in a player who could fill the role that Hazard left vacant - American starlet, Christian Pulisic, who signed during the winter transfer window, in a $73 million deal.
Pulisic stayed on loan for the remainder of last season with Borussia Dortmund but now he's settled in London. He has made an impression with Chelsea fans and team mates during pre-season, with team mate Ross Barkley describing the 20-year-old winger in three words. "We know Hazard is an exceptional player, but we have other exceptional players. We have signed Christian Pulisic - an exceptional talent. We have to replace his goals and create chances. But we have that much quality in the squad we will all step up. Everyone understands that Eden was a great player, but he is gone."
Chelsea still have two more friendly games to play before the start of the Premier League season and the opening match against Manchester United. They face Red Bull Salzburg on Wednesday and Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"