Barcelona: Neto ruled out for up to two months
Iñaki Pena, 20, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
Barcelona have ruled goalkeeper Neto out for up to eight weeks with a fractured left wrist.
The new signing underwent an operation on Tuesday after suffering the injury prior to the 4-0 weekend win over Napoli in Michigan.
Neto joined Barca from Valencia in June as Jasper Cillessen moved in the opposite direction.
His absence leaves the LaLiga champions without an experienced competitor for first-choice Marc-Andre ter Stegen ahead of Friday's season opener against Athletic Bilbao.
Iñaki Peña to be promoted from Barça B
Iñaki Peña, 20, who deputised for Ter Stegen during Cillessen's injury layoff last season, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
The timescale placed on Neto's recovery could keep him out until after the international break in October.
Recommended in English
- NFL The Rams change ticket policy to restrict 49ers fans ahead of NFC Championship game
- NFL How did the Los Angeles Rams get their name? Origin and meaning
- NBA NBA round-up: Suns equal best-ever start, Garland matches LeBron in Cavs win
- NBA Lakers at Nets: times, TV and how to watch online, NBA 2021-22
- NBA NBA: Nets vs Lakers – injury news
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"