Vinicius, Rodrygo, João Félix and De Ligt up for Golden Boy award
The two Real Madrid players are still in with a chnace of winning the award after Tuttosport whittled down the shortlist of candidates to 60.
Real Madrid's Vinicius and Rodrygo are still in with a chance of winning this year's Golden Boy award, an annual award presented by Tuttosport to the best player under the age of 21 playing in Europe. The Madrid pair feature in the list of candidates which has been whittled down from 80 to 60. Other candidates who have been strongly tipped to win the award are Juventus centre-back Matthijs De Ligt and Atlético de Madrid's João Félix.
In total, 10 players from the Spanish league figure in the new list - Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo, Valencia's Ferran Torres and Kang-in Lee, Betis' Diego Lainez,Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak, Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze and Valladolid loanee Andriy Lunin. Jordi Mboulá and Ferran Torres are the only Spanish players in the running for the award.
Premier League golden boys
There is also a strong challenge from the Premier League this year with 11 candidates including : Manchester United's Diogo Dalot, Arsenal pair Mattéo Guendouzi and Nelson, Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount, Manchester City's Phil Foden, Liverpool's Sepp van den Berg, Tottenham's Ryan Sessègnon, Everton's Moise Kean, Wolves' Morgan Gibbs-White and Watford's Tom Dele-Bashiru.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster