Bayern back in for Marc Roca as Sanches exit nears
The potential exit of Renato Sanches means Bayern need a midfielder and Marc Roca remains on the Bundesliga's radar.
Bayern Munich landed one of the surprises of the summer with the loan signing of Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian won't be the last addition for the Bundesliga giants, however, as it looks like Renato Sanches will leave the club. Bayern remain interested in Marc Roca after Espanyol lost Rubi at the end of the year along with Mario Hermoso and Borja Iglesias.
Sanches will leave Bayern for Lille, where he will sign up for five years after the clubs agreed a fee of €20 million. Representatives of the player have confirmed interest in the player but Espanyol have remained staunch on their valuation. Bayern don't want to part with more than €18 million but the Spanish side are holding out for the €40 million release clause in his contract.
It looked as though Sanches might remain at Bayern but he would prefer an exit after playing just five minutes in the league opener against Hertha Berlin (2-2). The money coming in for Sanches is earmarked for Roca but Bayern refuse to spend €40 million.
Espanyol will do everything possible to keep the player. They will wait until the final moments of the transfer market and will fight tooth and nail to keep the midfielder. It's possible that negotiations could start after the final round of Europa League qualification that they will play against Zorya next Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami