Carlos Vela beats Zlatan despite El Trafico draw
LAFC might have draw against LA Galaxy during El Trafico match, but Carlos Vela is still winning the MLS campaign over Zlatan by becoming POTW once more.
Carlitos Vela might have lost the battle of Los Angeles against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the LAFC captain's still conquering the MLS war as, despite the 3-3 draw at El Trafico, Vela picked up the Player of the Week award.
Carlos Vela scored three goals in two games during the MLS week 25, two against the San Jose Earthquakes in their midweek session for a 4-0 win to latter on Sunday add one more to level up the match versus LA Galaxy.
Carlitos' second goal against the Quakes was a Messi-like strike that will go down in the league's history, a move where Vela rounded four players before eventually slotting the ball in the net from one yard, to most likely be a contender for the MLS Goal of the Year and even the Puskas, why not?
This is Vela's fourth POTW award of the season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match