Carlos Vela beats Zlatan despite El Trafico draw
LAFC might have draw against LA Galaxy during El Trafico match, but Carlos Vela is still winning the MLS campaign over Zlatan by becoming POTW once more.
Carlitos Vela might have lost the battle of Los Angeles against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the LAFC captain's still conquering the MLS war as, despite the 3-3 draw at El Trafico, Vela picked up the Player of the Week award.
Carlos Vela scored three goals in two games during the MLS week 25, two against the San Jose Earthquakes in their midweek session for a 4-0 win to latter on Sunday add one more to level up the match versus LA Galaxy.
Carlitos' second goal against the Quakes was a Messi-like strike that will go down in the league's history, a move where Vela rounded four players before eventually slotting the ball in the net from one yard, to most likely be a contender for the MLS Goal of the Year and even the Puskas, why not?
This is Vela's fourth POTW award of the season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"