Carlos Vela beats Zlatan despite El Trafico draw
LAFC might have draw against LA Galaxy during El Trafico match, but Carlos Vela is still winning the MLS campaign over Zlatan by becoming POTW once more.
Carlitos Vela might have lost the battle of Los Angeles against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the LAFC captain's still conquering the MLS war as, despite the 3-3 draw at El Trafico, Vela picked up the Player of the Week award.
Carlos Vela scored three goals in two games during the MLS week 25, two against the San Jose Earthquakes in their midweek session for a 4-0 win to latter on Sunday add one more to level up the match versus LA Galaxy.
Carlitos' second goal against the Quakes was a Messi-like strike that will go down in the league's history, a move where Vela rounded four players before eventually slotting the ball in the net from one yard, to most likely be a contender for the MLS Goal of the Year and even the Puskas, why not?
This is Vela's fourth POTW award of the season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX FMF could disaffiliate Cruz Azul due to the Treasury investigation
- CORONAVIRUS USA New York state reopening: which regions are passing to phase 2?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: Gov Cuomo explains when and how
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus What to do if your stimulus check was sent to the wrong address?