Messi still struggling with injury
The Barcelona star continues his recovery process and is unlikely to be fit for the Osasuna game at the weekend.
Leo Messi is very unlikely to be fit in time for Barcelona's match on Saturday away to Osasuna (17:00 CEST), although the dressing room are still hopeful the Argentinean might be ready.
Messi still not recovered
Messi continued his recovery process this Wednesday, working alone with a physiotherapist, meaning that in the very best situation he would only have two training sessions with the group before the Osasuna game. Scant time, taking into account that the forward has only had two training sessions since he came back to work on 5 August.
What's more, the club and coach Valverde are unwilling to take any risks with Messi, making it ever more likely that the decision will be taken to delay his return until after the international break, giving him nearly two more weeks to get fully fit and return for the match against Valencia at the Camp Nou on 14 September.
Griezmann, Rafinha, Pérez and Ansu Fati
If Messi is, as expected, out against Osasuna, Valverde will likely be able to use the front three he lined up against Betis: Griezmann flanked by Rafinha and Carles Pérez. And with the young Ansu Fati on the bench as back-up.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades