Sergiño Dest out for revenge against Tim Weah in the Champions League
Both Americans faced each other at the UEFA Youth League during the 2017-18 season, on that occasion it was Timothy Weah who tasted victory over Dest and Ajax.
Thursday's Champions League group stage draw pitted a handful of US internationals (and their respective clubs) against each other on the road to Istanbul.
Christian Pulisic with Chelsea, Sergiño Dest with Ajax and Timothy Weah and Lille all landed in the same group, however, this won't be the first time two of them have faced each other in European competition.
Sergiño Dest and Tim Weah were on opposing sides in the 2017/18 UEFA Youth League, and it was Weah's PSG who came out on top - beating Ajax beating PSG in the play-offs. Weah and Dest both started with their respective sides, in a game played at Toekomst Sportpark in the Netherlands, both playing the entire 90 minutes. The match was decided in a penalty shoot-out, before both players had to step up to take their kicks.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January