Neymar negotiations not dead but still no deal with Barcelona – Leonardo
While they are yet to agree to a deal for Neymar, Leonardo said Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona have time.
Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo insisted Neymar's potential move to Barcelona was not yet "dead", but admitted there was still no agreement. Neymar, 27, has been heavily linked with a return to Camp Nou, just two years after his world-record €222million move from Barça to PSG.
Requests not accepted
Speaking after PSG's 2-0 Ligue 1 win over Metz on Friday, Leonardo said there was still time to get a deal done with the LaLiga champions before the transfer window closes on Monday. "The negotiations aren't dead but there is no agreement because our requests haven't been accepted," he told reporters. "We are open to talking about players, but there is no agreement. The position of PSG and Neymar has always been clear, if a satisfactory offer arrived then he could leave, but that is not the case."
Ball in Barcelona's court
There have been reports of numerous different offers from Barcelona, who are apparently willing to include first team players as part of a deal for Neymar. But Leonardo revealed the first official offer from the Spanish giants had only arrived days ago. "The first written proposal of Barca was on 27 August," he said. Asked if there will be an agreement by Monday, Leonardo said: "I don't know. It depends on Barcelona."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash