Zlatan Ibrahimovic 'turns 50' with LA Galaxy
The Swedish striker reached 50 games in the MLS when Los Angeles Galaxy lost on the road against Seattle Sounders on Sunday.
The game against the Seattle Sounders was not the perfect scene for Zlatan Ibrahimovic to reach 50 games in Major League Soccer, as the LA Galaxy captain endured a loss at CenturyLink Field as LA missed the chance to top the Western Conference standings.
However, the Swedish striker did celebrate reaching the big fifty in the US league since his arrival in Los Angeles back in 2018 when he became the face and leader of the LA team and celebrated the event by hitting the target in Seattle.
Zlatan scored the first goal at the 4-3 loss against the Sounders, one goal short of breaking the LA Galaxy single-season scoring record. The goal was the seventh time the Swede scored in the last four games with Ibra on a three consecutive match streak of netting doubles. Zlatan has a total of 23 goals and sits second in the scoring table behind Carlos Vela.
Zlatan's LA Galaxy run
The Swede's MLS debut was on March 31, 2010, in the famous "Trafico" derby against LAFC, where Zlatan in less than 20 minutes turned the tide by netting two goals to earn a memorable win over their crosstown rivals.
In 50 MLS appearances, Ibrahimovic has scored 44 goals and ten assists, with 23 goals in 26 games this season.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?