Official: Mauro Icardi joins Paris Saint-Germain on loan
The Argentine striker is an eleventh hour acquisition for the Parisian side and moves from Inter on a loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the term.
Mauro Icardi swaps the black and blue stripes of Inter Milan for the red, white and blue of Paris Saint-Germain as the Ligue 1 side confirmed the acquisition of the Argentine striker an hour before the closure of the summer transfer window.
The 26-year-old Argentine striker, who also holds Italian nationality, joins the French side on a one-year loan which runs through to June 30, 2020. The Parisian side then has a purchase option upon the conclusion of the loan term (reported to be set at 70 million euro).
Icardi's move to Ligue 1 brings to an end a summer of speculation with the Rosario born striker linked to a myriad of big European clubs including Real Madrid, Atletico, Manchester United, Napoli and Juventus and he becomes the 16th Argentine to play for the Parisian outfit.
Upon his unveiling the striker claimed: "I thank Paris Saint-Germain for the trust they have shown. I will do everything I can to help my new team go as far as possible in all competitions. PSG has become a mainstay in international football and the club has has attracted some excellent players in recent years. I am now anxious to discover the Parc des Princes, a stadium known for its passion".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series