One match ban for Gareth Bale following Villarreal red
The Welsh international was given his marching orders late in the LaLiga clash at the Estadio de la Ceramica after bagging a brace for Madrid as part of the 2-2 draw.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane will have to prepare the next league clash against Levante UD (Saturday, September 14) without Gareth Bale. Hopes were low that the Welsh striker would escape punishment following his dismissal in Sunday's game and so it proved with the club being fined 350 euro, the player 600 and handed a one match ban.
Real Madrid attempted to appeal the second yellow, alleging that their player went to play the ball in a fair manner and that it was the Villarreal player who established contact first. This argument was overruled by the disciplinary panel as was the yellow card handed out to Brazilian midfielder earlier in the game.
Bale's progression will now be temporarily halted Just as he was finding his place in the side after an unsettled summer and beginning to pair up well with striking partner Karim Benzema, the French coach will have to look at an alternative plan for the Santiago Bernabeú clash with hopes high that Eden Hazard will be fit for the visit of Levante.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises