Kubo shines in Japan friendly win
The Japanese player currently on loan from Real Madrid at Mallorca played for the second half in the Kashima friendly game.
Japan defeated Paraguay 2-0 in the friendly game staged in Kashima as both sides prepare for their World Cup 2022 qualifiers.
The game was part of a mini-Asian tour the South American side are undertaking with Jordan the next rival for Eduardo Berizzo's men.
Japan fielded a strong side with many European based players making the journey home to bolster the 'Samurai Blue' side for the friendly clash with both Japanese goals coming in the first half with Osako and Minamino finding the target for the Asian side.
Japan sat back somewhat after the break as the tempo and rhythm of the action became more fractured given the volume of changes employed by both sides in the second period. Takefusa Kubo was one of Japan's second half introductions with the teenager recently making his LaLiga debut in the red and black of RCD Mallorca following his loan deal to the island based outfit. The player was involved in the best of Japan's offensive play in the second half and enjoyed a couple of half chances but failed to add to Japan's overall tally.
Japan kick-off their Road to Qatar 2022 qualifying stage next week as they face Myanmar away on September 10th.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid