Kubo shines in Japan friendly win
The Japanese player currently on loan from Real Madrid at Mallorca played for the second half in the Kashima friendly game.
Japan defeated Paraguay 2-0 in the friendly game staged in Kashima as both sides prepare for their World Cup 2022 qualifiers.
The game was part of a mini-Asian tour the South American side are undertaking with Jordan the next rival for Eduardo Berizzo's men.
Japan fielded a strong side with many European based players making the journey home to bolster the 'Samurai Blue' side for the friendly clash with both Japanese goals coming in the first half with Osako and Minamino finding the target for the Asian side.
Japan sat back somewhat after the break as the tempo and rhythm of the action became more fractured given the volume of changes employed by both sides in the second period. Takefusa Kubo was one of Japan's second half introductions with the teenager recently making his LaLiga debut in the red and black of RCD Mallorca following his loan deal to the island based outfit. The player was involved in the best of Japan's offensive play in the second half and enjoyed a couple of half chances but failed to add to Japan's overall tally.
Japan kick-off their Road to Qatar 2022 qualifying stage next week as they face Myanmar away on September 10th.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan