Juventus offered PSG Dybala and €100m to PSG for Neymar
The Italian champions were trying to force their way into the summer soap opera, and were using the Argentine to tempt a deal.
The Neymar transfer summer chapter has been closed, but there are still numerous pages left in the book. After the PSG star's failed attempt to return to FC Barcelona, the Catalan media were quick to report that a new offensive for him in 2020 was already being worked up.
Juventus offer Dybala and €100m
Neither Barcelona, nor Real Madrid nor Juventus, other clubs reportedly interested in the services of the Brazilian, managed to get a deal over the line before the deadline. The LaLiga leaders had laid on Rakitic, Todibo and Dembélé along with a reasonably sized pile of cash, but their French winger refused to leave. The offer from the Serie A giants went along the same lines.
The BBC has reported on the bianconeri offering 100 million euros along with Dybala to take Neymar to Turin. With only a few days remaining until the end of the transfer window, the Juve sporting director ruled out his star's departure: "It is not a possibility."
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes