Is the MLS Javier Mascherano's new destiny?
The former Barcelona star, who currently plays in the Chinese Super League with Hebei China Fortune will leave the Asian club for the United States.
The golden generation, those stars we grew up watching and admiring, players that became an essential part of our weekends, have reached that time when they start leaving top-flight clubs. They swap clubs of the ilk of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético Madrid to try things out in China or the United States.
Javier Mascherano, affectionately known as 'El Jefesito' (the little boss) moved to the Chinese Super League in January 2018, joining Hebei China Fortune after defending Barcelona's colours for almost a decade, and now, his destiny seems to be in the territory of Uncle Sam, according to TNT Sports Argentina.
- Hebei China Fortune FC
Mascherano is reported to arrive in the MLS in the winter transfer window when his contract with the Chinese side club comes to an end in December. The 35-year old will aim to prove himself in a league that is growing and adds to the big names already there like Zlatan, Rooney and Nani to name just a few.
Which MSL club to join?
Beckham's side and Nashville are seeking to add to their big-name reference, while Galaxy and the Five Stripes are clubs known to invest a vast amount of money in high-quality players, regardless of the economic side. But if Mascherano wants to live in Los Angeles or Atlanta, those teams would need to review their Designated Players, as both are on the limit established by the US league.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Joan Jordan: "We will fight like animals against Real Madrid"
- REAL MADRID Mariano and Brahim frozen out as clock ticks on their departures
- ATLÉTICO MADRID PSG dressing room tries to convince Cavani to stay
- MANCHESTER UNITED Sporting coach: "Fernandes not worth the money you are talking about..."
- Rumour Has It: Sporting want €65m from Man Utd for Fernandes
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién calls bonding dinner for players and staff