Valverde: "We suffered a lot and you have to admit it"
Valverde spoke about Messi and the Dortmund game in which he admitted that they might have gotten a little lucky and with the penalty save and hitting the post.
Ernesto Valverde spoke to the media after Barcelona's game against Dortmund that saw Ter Stegen save a second half penalty. Dortmund dominated much of the second half and the Barcelona manager admitted as much in his press conference.
A good point? "The result is what is it. We suffered a lot and you have to admit that. They arrived with more danger and we were missing some depth in the last few metres. They had the penalty, they hit the post... They are very strong at home, this is starting and it was a tough match for us. There were some moments when we lost the ball in important zones and they got three or four counters and it complicated things for us but Marc was really good. And while we dominated the end of the game, we hardly had any chances."
Saved by Ter Stegen: "In LaLiga, we were commenting the other day that they were attacking us too much. Good, he's our goalkeeper, he is a great keeper and he was really good today."
How did you see Messi? "He is the same way any player would be who didn't do a preseason and had only done four or five sessions with the group. With hardy any preparation, he had came into a game that was already underway. It's the first game with him and also the first full game for Luis. It's the first step because we need the players in attack who play together."
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...