Frank Lampard explains why Pulisic hasn't seen any action
Chelsea's coach explained why Christian Pulisic was benched for the Blues' last two games, with experience the main reason why he opted for other players.
Christian Pulisic's encouraging start at Chelsea has hit a cloudy stage, as for the second straight game the American youngster was an unused substitute, which makes us wonder why Frank Lampard has decided not to use the 21-year-old winger if he used to be an essential piece of his scheme.
Lampard insists Pulisic remains an important part of his plans; he just opted for more experienced options in the last two games. "He's in the plans. We've got a squad, we've got wingers to choose from," were the Chelsea coach's words.
Pulisic returned to London early from international duty, and not seeing him with the squad raised questions about the American's involvement with the team, but the Blues coach eased any fears over Pulisic's lack of action.
"The way we're playing… with Pedro's experience in the Champions League, it was a choice to make. But Christian is well in the plans."
Something that as of now, serves as a relief for Chelsea's fans and the ones of the US winger, and while Pulisic has yet to open his scoring account with his new club, as he remains in Lampard's plans, it's a waiting game to see when the Blues' only signing scores.
Te recomendamos en English
- WFS LIVE 'African clubs need to develop their brand before chasing profit'
- WFS LIVE 'The pandemic has prompted a wave of creativity across the sports industry'
- MARADONA Maradona's lawyer calls for investigation into medical services' "CRIMINAL IDIOCY"
- World Football Summit Eto’o: “Diego Maradona was an idol for a whole generation”
- PREMIER LEAGUE Which Premier League clubs can have fans back in stadiums?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target