Frank Lampard explains why Pulisic hasn't seen any action
Chelsea's coach explained why Christian Pulisic was benched for the Blues' last two games, with experience the main reason why he opted for other players.
Christian Pulisic's encouraging start at Chelsea has hit a cloudy stage, as for the second straight game the American youngster was an unused substitute, which makes us wonder why Frank Lampard has decided not to use the 21-year-old winger if he used to be an essential piece of his scheme.
Lampard insists Pulisic remains an important part of his plans; he just opted for more experienced options in the last two games. "He's in the plans. We've got a squad, we've got wingers to choose from," were the Chelsea coach's words.
Pulisic returned to London early from international duty, and not seeing him with the squad raised questions about the American's involvement with the team, but the Blues coach eased any fears over Pulisic's lack of action.
"The way we're playing… with Pedro's experience in the Champions League, it was a choice to make. But Christian is well in the plans."
Something that as of now, serves as a relief for Chelsea's fans and the ones of the US winger, and while Pulisic has yet to open his scoring account with his new club, as he remains in Lampard's plans, it's a waiting game to see when the Blues' only signing scores.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections