Frank Lampard explains why Pulisic hasn't seen any action
Chelsea's coach explained why Christian Pulisic was benched for the Blues' last two games, with experience the main reason why he opted for other players.
Christian Pulisic's encouraging start at Chelsea has hit a cloudy stage, as for the second straight game the American youngster was an unused substitute, which makes us wonder why Frank Lampard has decided not to use the 21-year-old winger if he used to be an essential piece of his scheme.
Lampard insists Pulisic remains an important part of his plans; he just opted for more experienced options in the last two games. "He's in the plans. We've got a squad, we've got wingers to choose from," were the Chelsea coach's words.
Pulisic returned to London early from international duty, and not seeing him with the squad raised questions about the American's involvement with the team, but the Blues coach eased any fears over Pulisic's lack of action.
"The way we're playing… with Pedro's experience in the Champions League, it was a choice to make. But Christian is well in the plans."
Something that as of now, serves as a relief for Chelsea's fans and the ones of the US winger, and while Pulisic has yet to open his scoring account with his new club, as he remains in Lampard's plans, it's a waiting game to see when the Blues' only signing scores.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid