Atlanta United optimistic over Josef Martinez injury
Josef Martinez left the game against San Jose Earthquakes on a stretcher after suffering what looked like a serious injury.
Atlanta United striker Josef Martinez was stretcherd off during the 3-1 victory over the Earthquakes on Saturday after the Venezuelan sustained a knee injury.
Josef landed awkwardly after colliding with Gonzalo' Pity' Martinez, which ended with the current MLS MVP injured and leaving the game with coach Frank de Boer initially expecting the worse.
Despite initial fears that Josef Martinez could potentially miss the rest of the season, ESPN's Taylor Twellman had some reason for optimism relating to the Five Stripes top scorer.
"Over the last two to three hours, Atlanta United believes this is more weeks than months situation, which is a positive development. If it's a three- to four-week injury, their first playoff game, from today, is in four weeks. Atlanta United, as of right now, believes Josef Martinez injury isn't as serious."
However, Twellman showed himself cautions about it all, as Josef Martinez injury extent's yet to be confirmed after the tests are done, and Atlanta has a final diagnosis.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente