Ex-Barcelona star Bojan helps Montreal Impact to first trophy of the season
Bojan Krkic helped his new MLS team win its first title of the season after beating Toronto FC for the Canadian Championship to secure its place in the Concacaf Champions League.
Now, Krkic has won his first trophy with the Impact, who were crowned Canadian champions after beating Toronto FC on penalties . It means they have also booked their place in the next edition of the Concacaf Champions League, joining LAFC and Atlanta United.
Bojan fired Impact ahead in the penalty shoot after Jozy Altidore, Patrick Mullins, and Jonathan Osorio all missed for Toronto. Impact secure their tenth Canadian Championship, their first since 2014.
Concacaf Champions League
Montreal Impact became the eight qualified team so far, joining LAFC who qualify after winning the MLS Supporters' Shield, Atlanta United claimed their place by lifting the US Open Cup. Club America, Cruz Azul, Tigres, and Club Leon are the Liga MX qualified sides, with Jamaica, Portmore United to complete the qualifiers for the tournament which starts in February.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?