Ex-Barcelona star Bojan helps Montreal Impact to first trophy of the season
Bojan Krkic helped his new MLS team win its first title of the season after beating Toronto FC for the Canadian Championship to secure its place in the Concacaf Champions League.
Now, Krkic has won his first trophy with the Impact, who were crowned Canadian champions after beating Toronto FC on penalties . It means they have also booked their place in the next edition of the Concacaf Champions League, joining LAFC and Atlanta United.
Bojan fired Impact ahead in the penalty shoot after Jozy Altidore, Patrick Mullins, and Jonathan Osorio all missed for Toronto. Impact secure their tenth Canadian Championship, their first since 2014.
Concacaf Champions League
Montreal Impact became the eight qualified team so far, joining LAFC who qualify after winning the MLS Supporters' Shield, Atlanta United claimed their place by lifting the US Open Cup. Club America, Cruz Azul, Tigres, and Club Leon are the Liga MX qualified sides, with Jamaica, Portmore United to complete the qualifiers for the tournament which starts in February.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea vs Tottenham: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Guardiola backs Sterling and predicts total commitment from Man City stars
- Liverpool-Atlético Klopp: Atletico defeat was good because it felt 'really bad'
- BARCELONA LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
- LEGANÉS Barcelona: Braithwaite deal "fucked us" says Leganes boss
- BARCELONA Barcelona are not distracted by off-field issues, says Setién