Ter Stegen makes Barcelona history with assist for Suárez
Marc-Andre ter Stegen became the first goalkeeper to provide an assist in LaLiga for Barcelona in the 21st century.
Goalkeepers at Barcelona are frequently consigned to a watching brief, afforded an unobstructed view of one of the world's all-time great sides.
As the goals fly in at the other end, the keeper is often left to celebrate on his own, unable to claim any direct credit.
But Marc-Andre ter Stegen decided on Saturday that it would be nice to get involved at the sharp end, providing the long-range pass for Luis Suarez's opener against Getafe.
In doing so, the German became the first Barça keeper to provide an assist in LaLiga in the 21st century.
Ter Stegen is involved in a battle with Manuel Neuer for the Germany number-one spot and Saturday's exploits at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez will have done his cause no harm.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online