USA squad list suggests Sergiño Dest prefers Netherlands
Gregg Berhalter presented his squad list for the CONCACAF Nations League games against Canada and Cuba, and the absence of one player took the attention.
All eyes were focused on Gregg Berhalter and the squad list for the upcoming US men's national team encounters where the Stars and Stripes will debut in the CONCACAF Nations League.
The presence or absence of Sergiño Dest was the center of attention with the Ajax player currently between two nations. The Dutch National team is asking him to make a switch to play with the Orange Clockwork instead of the USMNT.
Gregg Berhalter not adding the youngster to the list for the next FIFA date, has opened the door to speculation that the 18-year-old footballer might very well choose to change alliances.
Doubts surrounded the presentation of the US squad, with Gregg Berhalter not clearing up the Dest situation, but he did mention having a positive conversation with Sergiño.
"I understand there is going to be a lot of attention surrounding the availability of Sergiño in this next camp. I've had conversations with Sergiño, the conversations were positive, and the content of these conversations is going to remain private."
For Berhalter, the Nations League tournament will serve to prepare for the 2022 Qatar World Cup, as the USMNT has its mind set on reaching the biggest competition at international level.
"The qualifier for the World Cup is a crucial event, and the CONCACAF Nations League games will help us get ready for it," he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions