Netherlands want an answer from Sergiño Dest this week
The 18-year-old Ajax player met with Ronald Koeman to discuss a possible change of allegiances to play for the Dutch national team instead of the USA.
Time is running out for Sergiño Dest as he has to decide to whom he will plead his allegiance, the US or the Dutch national team.
According to De Telegraaf, Dest has been given an ultimatum by Ronald Koeman who wants an answer from the 18-year-old Ajax player regarding the possibility of an international career with the Clockwork Orange.
With Gregg Berhalter revealing the names of those squad members for the next FIFA date, where the USMNT will debut in the CONCACAF Nations League, the Royal Dutch Football Association wants an answer from the young defender. This is because, once Dest has played an official international match with the USA, there will no longer be an option to switch.
Sergiño Dest's decision is still uncertain but he may decline Berhalter' call so as not to be tied in.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick