Courtois misses Real Madrid training and may be out for Granada match
The Belgian goalkeeper, under pressure after his recent performances, worked out indoors at Madrid’s training facilities.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is a doubt for the LaLiga match against Granada on Saturday (16:00 CEST) in the Bernabéu. The Belgian is the centre of attention right now at the Spanish giants after yet another poor performance against Brugge in the Champions League, before he was subbed off at half-time with stomach problems.
Courtois misses training
Courtois didn’t train with the group this morning, Thursday, and worked out on his own inside Madrid’s training facilities.
Given Courtois’ absence from the training session, Zidane called upon the services of Castilla keeper Diego Altube. Meanwhile, Alphonse Areola, who recently joined from PSG and who performed well in the second half against Brugge, looks in line to take the starting spot on Saturday.
Real Madrid away from home
If Courtois’ absence is confirmed for the next Liga match, the Belgian keeper won’t be back at the Bernabéu at the earliest until the end of October. After the international break (which runs from 7 October to 16 October), Real Madrid have a run of three games away from home: Mallorca and Barcelona in LaLiga, and a trip to Istanbul to play Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Recommended in English
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus
- CORONAVIRUS What is ‘stealth Omicron’ and where have the first cases appeared?
- US NEWS Who are the main candidates for the position in the Supreme Court?
- NFL Why is the AFC Trophy named after Lamar Hunt?
- NFL How are the Cincinnati Bengals preparing for the noise in Arrowhead Stadium?