Kepa recalls Real Madrid interest: "I couldn't see myself joining any club..."
"My contract was up and from January, I was able to start talking to other clubs. I ended up renewing with the idea of staying; six months later I left", he told 'El Chiringuito.
Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga sat down for a chat with Spanish football programme El Chiringuito and spoke about being linked with a move to Real Madrid, Eden Hazard and the possibility that he might return to Athletic Club one day.
Chance to join Real Madrid: "For several months my grandma saw more of me in the newspapers than in the flesh... There was a lot of talk about me. I was also injured for a while so it wasn't a good moment for me".
Zidane blocked your move to Madrid: "My contract was due to expire and from January onwards I was able to start talking to other clubs. I couldn't see myself joining any club. I ended up renewing my contract with the idea of staying but six months later I left. That was the only contradiction".
Kepa on Hazard's portly physique
Hazard: "Physically, he's always looked the same to me. I'm sure he'll do well at Real Madrid".
First choice with Spain: "I've had the confidence needed to be able to play for the national team. The coach has shown that whoever is playing well, gets to play but it would be a mistake for me to take it for granted that I am the first choice keeper".
Robert Moreno: "He's very straight with us and very clear. It's very easy for others to criticise Robert Moreno and say he doesn't have the experience to be head coach".
Stopping penalties: "I study forwards' reactions and how they are, it's a change from the routine".
Retiring at Athletic: "Yes, I'd like that".
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?