Odegaard speaks ahead of Norway's clash with Spain
The Real Madrid youngster, currently impressing out on loan with Real Sociedad, is looking forward to the Euro 2020 qualifier against some friends.
Norwegian midfielder Martin Odegaard, currently impressing at Real Sociedad on loan from Real Madrid, admitted on Friday that Norway's Euro 2020 qualifier against Spain, will be special for him.
Odegaard versus Spain
"It's going to be very special because I'm going to play against teammates and friends," the 20-year old began at the pre-match press conference in the Ullevaal stadium in Oslo
"But we will just be thinking about the game and we want to do our best."
Odegaard was full of praise for his teammate at La Real, Mikel Oyarzábal, against whom he could be facing up against in Saturday's clash, referring to him as a star that you'd rather have in your team than in the opposition.
The LaLiga forward highlighted that his national team has shown that they can play with several systems, including their more usual 4-4-2 and the 4-4-1-1 that worked well in Stockholm against Sweden. But he was clear where much of the focus will be against Spain.
"We know that the first thing tomorrow is to be well organised in defence. The work we do on the pitch and our positioning will be the most important."
Impressing in Spanish
Odegaard caught a few of those present by surprise when he answered one of the questions in Spanish. There was some giggles from Norwegian coach Lars Lagerbäck, and a few claps of appreciation from striker Joshua King, who was also present and acting as translator.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan