Carles Gil wins MLS Newcomer of the Year award
Former Valencia, Aston Villa and Deportivo la Coruña midfielder Gil became the first New England Revolution player to win the award.
Gil joins an elite list of MLS starts with the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning the 2018 acclaim with the award claimed the year before by current Newcastle United player Miguel Almiron for his time at new MLS franchise Atlanta United.
Next up for Gil and his New England Revolution side is a MLS Cup clash against current holders Atlanta United at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium this weekend.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?