Real Madrid injuries: Bale trains alone, Modric back to normal
Gareth Bale was back on the field at Real Madrid training as he recovers from a calf injury as Luka Modric resumed normal service after injury.
Real Madrid have no game at the weekend after their planned trip to the Camp Nou was postponed. They trained on Thursday at Valdebebas with their sights set on Leganés on next Wednesday with Gareth Bale back but training on his own.
Bale has missed the last two games with a calf problem he suffered playing for Wales. He is recovering and could be available to play next week. They welcome Real Betis to the Bernabéu on Saturday week and should be available for that if he doesn't make the Leganés game.
Luka Modric is back at full speed and trained with the group on Wednesday. Another victim of the international break, Modric also missed the last two games but is back and ready for Leganés. The Croatian has only played four games in the league this season due to suspension and injury.
Zidane called Castilla defender, Victor Chust, and Juvenil A goalkeeper, Luis Federico López Andúgar, for the session. They did four exercises as they worked with the ball and on physical fitness.
Nancho Fernández and Marcos Asensio remain out longer term. They return to training on Friday at 11, which will be a closed doors session.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands