Ibrahimovic: LA Galaxy star on Flamengo's transfer radar
The Copa Libertadores finalists have emerged as surprise suitors for LA Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports in Italy.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s next destination has been the subject of plenty of speculation, not least since the Swede posted an enigmatic message on social media announcing a “return” to LaLiga, with Napoli emerging as frontrunners with a very public courtship after the former Sweden international reportedly turned down an approach from Bologna.
On Tuesday, Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira threw another suitor into the hat when reporting that Flamengo are coming out of left field with a potential bid for the LA Galaxy forward. Ibrahimovic is out of contract with the MLS side on December 31 and currently kicking his heels after Galaxy’s defeat to LACF in the MLS playoffs and the Copa Libertadores finalists are eager to add the 38-year-old to their squad when he becomes available.
Ibrahimovic: nobody will remember MLS without me
Ibrahimovic has not ruled out signing an extension with Galaxy but it seems ever more likely that the well-travelled forward will seek to add a new chapter to his career elsewhere as of 2020. After the semifinal defeat against LACF, Ibrahimovic took a swipe at the MLS: “I have two months left on my contract. We’ll see what happens. "[If I stay], then MLS is good, because the whole world will watch it. If I don't stay, nobody will remember what MLS is."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"