Ibrahimovic: LA Galaxy star on Flamengo's transfer radar
The Copa Libertadores finalists have emerged as surprise suitors for LA Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports in Italy.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s next destination has been the subject of plenty of speculation, not least since the Swede posted an enigmatic message on social media announcing a “return” to LaLiga, with Napoli emerging as frontrunners with a very public courtship after the former Sweden international reportedly turned down an approach from Bologna.
On Tuesday, Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira threw another suitor into the hat when reporting that Flamengo are coming out of left field with a potential bid for the LA Galaxy forward. Ibrahimovic is out of contract with the MLS side on December 31 and currently kicking his heels after Galaxy’s defeat to LACF in the MLS playoffs and the Copa Libertadores finalists are eager to add the 38-year-old to their squad when he becomes available.
Ibrahimovic: nobody will remember MLS without me
Ibrahimovic has not ruled out signing an extension with Galaxy but it seems ever more likely that the well-travelled forward will seek to add a new chapter to his career elsewhere as of 2020. After the semifinal defeat against LACF, Ibrahimovic took a swipe at the MLS: “I have two months left on my contract. We’ll see what happens. "[If I stay], then MLS is good, because the whole world will watch it. If I don't stay, nobody will remember what MLS is."
Te recomendamos en English
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes
- Real Madrid Zidane says Real Madrid want Champions League and LaLiga
- Tax Day Will the 2021 tax deadline be extended again?
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK When are the remaining stimulus check and 'plus-up' payments arriving?
- American Rescue Plan When will child tax credit be sent?