Marcelo injured during Real Madrid-Galatasaray clash
The Brazilian had provided two assists in the opening ten minutes of the Champions League game at the Bernabéu, but was taken off before half-time.
Real Madrid full-back Marcelo picked up an injury during the first half of the Champions League match against Galatasaray and had to be substituted.
Marcelo off injured
Things were going so well for Zinedine Zidane's side in their fourth group game of this season's competition. An early brace from youngster Rodrygo had Los Blancos ahead inside ten minutes. That was added to as Sergio Ramos slotted home from the penalty spot.
But then two minutes before the referee sent the players off to the dressing rooms, the Brazilian defender was replaced by Ferland Mendy. It wasn't clear what had happened and we await further information from the club.
A minute after going off, Marcelo would have heard the roar of the home crowd as Benzema knocked in a third, an assist from Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes