Keisuke Honda social media ad leads to Vitesse Arnhem deal
The Japanese forward, who had been at Melbourne Victory last season, was snapped up by the Eredivisie club after advertising his availability on Twitter.
Keisuke Honda has landed a deal with Eredivisie club Vitesse Arnhem after placing an advertisement on social media. The 33-year-old former Japan striker decided to look for a new club via Twitter and tagged Manchester United – who could do with a striker – and his former employers AC Milan but eventually received an answer from Vitesse and put pen to paper on a one-year deal at the GelreDome.
Honda had been playing for Melbourne Victory but left the A-League side at the end of last season. After failing to find a club, the striker decided to use social media to land a new deal despite also being the manager of Cambodia.
Honda to combine Cambodia with Arnhem for now
The Japanese veteran will continue to combine his role with the Angkor Warriors with playing duties for Vitesse during the next international break, after which he will step down from his coaching position to focus on his new club.
Honda scored 37 goals in 98 games for Japan, retiring after the 2018 World Cup in Russia where he became the first player in his country’s history to find the net at three separate editions of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS